Indoor Track Notices
Posted on Friday, December 17, 2021 02:35 PM
In accordance with provincial regulations, the City of Brantford will be implementing the following updates for patrons attending City recreational facilities:
- As of December 20, 2021, youth 12 to 17 years old are required to show proof of identification and vaccination or exemption to enter a recreational facility for purposes including organized recreational sport. Examples of proof of identification are a birth certificate, citizenship card, driver’s license, Government-issued identification...
Posted on Friday, March 18, 2022 03:17 PM
On Monday, February 21, 2022, get out of the cold and splash in for a public swim on Family Day. Swim times are 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. or 2:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. Pre-registration is required. Registration for the week of February 21 begins at 7:00 a.m. on February 16 at brantford.ca/RecConnect.
Regular swim admission rates apply.
Facility hours on Family Day
- Weight room: 11:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Indoor track: 7:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.
- Fitness classes are not offered on Family Day
Posted on Saturday, January 29, 2022 09:32 AM
In accordance with the provincial announcement to safely and gradually reopen, the following changes to City services and programs will go into effect beginning January 31, 2022.
Residents are reminded to continue to follow physical distancing and face covering public health measures, and adhere to the provincial gathering limits under Step 3 of the Roadmap to Reopen framework as follows:
- Maximum 25 people for outdoor gatherings and organized public events with limited exceptions.
Posted on Saturday, December 18, 2021 05:20 PM
In accordance with provincial regulations and new preventative measures announced on December 17, the following changes to City services and programming will go into effect beginning December 19th, 2021:
Capacity limits in all City facilities will be limited to 50%. This includes the Wayne Gretzky Sports Centre (WGSC), and arenas. Capacity in all spaces including spectator and non-spectator areas, the WGSC fitness Centre and the Centreline Physio, Sports & Wellness clinic...
Posted on Thursday, July 29, 2021 10:16 AM
The City of Brantford is pleased to continue to offer additional programs and services at the Wayne Gretzky Sports Centre. Consistent with Step 3 of the Roadmap to Reopen framework, swimming lessons will now be offered.
COVID-19 protocols will remain in place for all fitness areas, including face coverings, physical distancing, and hand washing. Face coverings may be temporarily removed during physical activity however, we strongly recommend that they are worn during less-intensive activities. Water...