Updates to screening process for patrons of City facilities
Posted on Friday, December 17, 2021 02:35 PM
In accordance with provincial regulations, the City of Brantford will be implementing the following updates for patrons attending City recreational facilities:
- As of December 20, 2021, youth 12 to 17 years old are required to show proof of identification and vaccination or exemption to enter a recreational facility for purposes including organized recreational sport. Examples of proof of identification are a birth certificate, citizenship card, driver’s license, Government-issued identification...
Wayne Gretzky Sports Centre winter storm update January 25, 2023
Posted on Wednesday, January 25, 2023 05:02 PM
For the public’s information, the following schedule changes will be in place on Wednesday, January 25, 2023 due to weather.
While the Wayne Gretzky Sports Centre facility is open, the following programs and activities are impacted as follows:
- Swim Lessons are cancelled after 3:00 p.m. and a make-up class will take place on March 8, 2023.
- Fitness classes are cancelled
- Length Swim from 7:00 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. will continue as scheduled
- All registered programs are cancelled including, ROLE Rookies,...
2022 holiday hours and schedules
Posted on Wednesday, December 14, 2022 08:25 AM
Wishing everyone a happy and healthy holiday season from all of us at the Wayne Gretzky Sports Centre. You can find holiday hours and schedules over the winter break below.
Saturday, December 24 (Christmas Eve)
- Weight Room open from 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m., there are no fitness classes being offered.
- Pools are closed
- Arena and indoor track open from 6:30 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
- Tourism Information Desk open from 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
Sunday, December 25 (Christmas Day) and Monday, December...
Facility notice for Tuesday, September 27, 2022
Posted on Thursday, September 22, 2022 05:11 PM
The main water valve will be shut-off for a short time for scheduled maintenance on Tuesday, September 27, 2022.
Revised pool and fitness schedules:
- Aquafit from 7:00 a.m. to 7:45 a.m.
- Spin from 7:00 a.m. to 7:45 a.m.
- Kid Care will open at 9:00 a.m. instead of 8:45 a.m.
- The Weight Room will be closed from 7:00 a.m. to 9:00 a.m.
- The Pools and Sauna will be closed 6:30 a.m. to 9:00 a.m.
The Arena and Tourism Information Desk will remain open, however public washrooms will not be available from 6:30 a.m....
Additional services and programs available during Step 3 of the Provincial gradual reopening plan
Posted on Saturday, January 29, 2022 09:32 AM
In accordance with the provincial announcement to safely and gradually reopen, the following changes to City services and programs will go into effect beginning January 31, 2022.
Residents are reminded to continue to follow physical distancing and face covering public health measures, and adhere to the provincial gathering limits under Step 3 of the Roadmap to Reopen framework as follows:
- Maximum 25 people for outdoor gatherings and organized public events with limited exceptions.