Swim Lesson Refund Policy.
Water Safety: Basic water safety skills are essential. Swimming pools, lakes and rivers offer year-round fun if they are enjoyed safely. But every year about 160 people drown in Ontario. Drowning is the second leading cause of accidental death for children under five years old, and statistics show that children under 12, boaters, young men and seniors 65+ are at greatest risk.
NOTE: For those requiring computer access, please visit your local library or Wayne Gretzky Sports Centre during business operating hours. Subsidy clients are asked to please call 519-756-9900 for more information.
Summer Lesson Registration
Online registration: Tuesday, June 19 beginning at 7:30 am (www.brantford.ca/recconnect)
In person registration: Wednesday, June 20 beginning at 7:30 am at the Wayne Gretzky Sports Centre.
NEW!* Session Information: View detailed lesson information in the Summer 2018 Leisure Activities Guide on pages 43-47 and note the new lengths for classes in the legend. The Summer guide arrives Thursday, May 3rd in print and online.
- Every weekday (Mon-Fri) July 2-13 (10 classes)
- Every weekday (Mon-Fri) July 16-27 (10 classes)
- Every weekday (Mon-Fri) July 30-August 10 (9 classes, no classes August 6)
- Every weekday (Mon-Fri) August 13-24 (10 classes)
- Mondays July 2-August 27 (8 classes, no classes August 6)
- Tuesdays July 3-August 21 (8 classes)
- Wednesdays July 4-August 22 (8 classes)
- Thursdays July 5-august 23 (8 classes)
- Saturdays July 7-August 25 (8 classes)
Note: Makeup lessons for missed classes due to personal reasons (example sickness, trips, vacation, etc.) unfortunately are not available.
Private Swimming Lesson Information
One-on-one swimming lessons are available throughout the week for swimmers ages 3 and older that require more attention to improve on their swimming skills, and are ideal for those that may move, learn, or communicate differently. lessons will be taught to our curriculum program or can be completely customizable.
Semi-Private Swimming Lesson Information
To set-up semi-private lessons (two swimmers to one instructor) you must do the following:
- Register the first swimmer into a regular Private Lesson (at the regular private lesson rate)
- Call 519-756-9900 to register the second swimmer (at an additional, reduced rate)
Note: for safety precautions, the two swimmers being registered in the semi-private lessons must be no greater than 2 levels apart (e.g. Swim Kids 1 and Swim Kids 3) or otherwise approved by the Aquatic Supervisor based on individual circumstances. Unfortunately, we will not be able to permit a child (ages 3-6) to be in a semi-private lesson combined with a child that is capable of swimming 25+ metres of the pool due to safety and supervision requirements.
Price structure: private and semi-private lessons follow the same dates as group lessons, and cannot be customized outside of these dates.
- Private (1:1) 30 minutes $200/person (8 classes), $225/person (9 classes), $250.00/person (10 classes)
- Semi-Private (1:2) 30 minutes $148.00/person (8 classes), $166.50/person (9 classes), $185.00/person (10 classes)
Note: Swimming lessons are not rescheduled for personal reasons such as illness, vacations or sporting events.