Your safety in and around the water is important to us! We offer swimming lessons all year round. View all swim lesson information and classes online in the leisure activities guide. We also have limited financial assistance if you qualify.
Important notice about our swim lessons
We are changing our swim lesson format (just a little bit!) from Red Cross to Lifesaving Society (LSS) swim lessons beginning January 2019. Some benefits to you of switching are:
- It will improve our swimmers core skills and each level is more attainable
- Major municipalities like Woodstock, Cambridge, Kitchener, Waterloo, Hamilton, Burlington, Oakville, entire GTA have already made the switch
- There will be more job opportunities if you are looking to become a lifeguard or swim instructor. It's a great part time job with a great starting wage!
- We find that swimmers are more successful and won't get stuck on certain levels any more
There are three modules very similar to Red Cross. The three LSS modules are:
- Parent and Tot for parents and children up to three years of age (similar to Starfish, Duck and Sea Turtle)
- Preschool for children 3 to 5 years (similar to Salamander thru Whale)
- Swimmer for children five years and older (similar to Swim Kids 1 to 10)
How do I know what level to register my child in?
View the conversion chart to find out how to convert a Red Cross lesson into a LSS lesson or call us at 519-756-9900 to schedule a free swim assessment.
Swim Lesson Descriptions
View our LSS Swim Lesson descriptions.
Winter and March break swimming lesson registration
- Register online for swimming lessons beginning at 7:30 a.m. on Wednesday, December 12, 2018.
- In-person registration is on Thursday, December 13, 2018 beginning at 7:30 a.m.
Spring swimming lesson registration
- Register online for swimming lessons beginning at 7:30 a.m. on Wednesday, April 3, 2019
- In-person registration is on Thursday, April 4, 2019 at 7:30 a.m.
We do not reschedule swimming lessons for personal reasons such as illness, vacations or sporting events.
We want you to capture the special moments by taking pictures, but not everyone wants to be in your picture. We will allow one day per session to take pictures, which will be on the last day of swimming lessons.
If your child is not potty-trained, please make sure to dress them in pool-safe diapers (e.g. Little Swimmers). We sell these at the front desk but we have limited stock available. We will not allow regular diapers in the pool.
Private and semi-private swimming lessons
We offer private swimming lessons and semi-private swimming lessons available.
Private Swimming Lessons
One-on-one swimming lessons are available throughout the week for swimmers ages three and older that need more attention to improve on their swimming skills. It is ideal for those that may move, learn, or communicate differently as well.
Private swimming lessons rate
- $300 per person for 30 minutes and 12 classes. 1:1 ratio
- $200.00 per person for 30 minutes and 8 classes. 1:1 ratio
Semi-Private Swimming Lessons
To set-up semi-private lessons (two swimmers to one instructor), you must do the following:
- Register the first swimmer into a regular private lesson at the regular private lesson rate then;
- Call (519) 756-9900 to register the second swimmer at an additional, reduced rate
Note: for safety reasons, the two swimmers being registered in the semi-private lessons, must be no greater than two levels apart (e.g. Swim Kids 1 and Swim Kids 3) unless pre-approved by the Aquatic Supervisor. We will not be able to permit a child ages three to six, to be in a semi-private lesson with a child that is capable of swimming 25m’s or more of the pool.
Semi-private swimming lessons rates
- $216.00 per person for 30 minutes and 12 classes. 1:2 ratio
- $144.00 per person for 30 minutes and 8 classes 1:2 ratio