Respect the EQUIPMENT
- Use each piece of equipment for its intended purpose. Misuse of equipment may lead to serious injury. Photos and instructions provided on the equipment, or ask a weight room staff for help.
- Don’t slam the weights or be unnecessarily rough with the equipment. This is both dangerous and can damage the equipment.
- Wipe down the equipment after each use. Wipes or disinfectants are provided.
- Put away weights/equipment after use, and unload your plates from the bars. This creates a safer environment for everyone, and keeps equipment in best working order.
- The use of chalk is prohibited.
Respect the STAFF
- All weight room staff are certified and have your safety in mind. Respect their instructions.
- Respect their professional space. Do not use their desk, equipment or staff only room for personal use.
- Carry your membership card with you. Staff may ask at any time to see your card.
- Speak to them respectfully if you have any questions or concerns; they would be happy to help!
Respect the PATRONS
- Cursing and vulgarities are not acceptable. This is a public facility; use clean language.
- Refrain from using cell phones while on equipment. This is dangerous and can also cause frustrations to other patrons waiting to use the equipment. Save your texts and phone calls for after your work out.
- Taking photos or videos in the weight room is prohibited.
- Share equipment as needed between sets. Do not monopolize multiple pieces of equipment.
- Please use headphones to listen to your music. Speakers or external music sources are not allowed.
- Dress appropriately; this includes shirts and shoes at all times.
The Wayne Gretzky Sports Centre is a place for all people to come together and enjoy a safe facility. Please respect this etiquette. Otherwise, consequences up to and including, warnings or pass cancellations can occur.