The indoor track is designed for all types of walkers and runners, from recreational to professional. The track is free of charge to users during public use hours. All users must have clean footwear and stroller wheels, and adhere to track protocol. Absolutely no fitness equipment is permitted on the track or track vicinity. Team/club training hours are available where teams and athletes have exclusive use of the track for a rental fee.
Distance: 7.51 laps/mile 4.67 laps/kilometer
(April - September)
- Monday-Friday 6:00 am-10:00 pm
- Beginning September 6, Thursdays 6:00 am-6:00 pm
- Saturday and Sunday 6:00 am-6:00 pm
(October - March)
- Monday & Wednesday 6:00 am-6:00 pm & 8:00-11:00 pm
- Tuesday, Friday, Saturday & Sunday 6:00 am-11:00 pm
- Thursday 6:00 am-6:00 pm
The indoor track will be closed for the following consistent rentals:
- Thursdays at 6:00 pm beginning September 6 for Jr. B games.
- Monday, Wednesday (October - March) 6:00 - 8:00 pm
The indoor track is also closed the following days for ticketed events:
- September 16 , 23, and 30 (2:30-7:00 pm).
- October 28 (12:00-6:30 pm)
- November 18 (2:30-7:00 pm)
- December 2 (2:30-7 pm)
- January 6 and 27 (2:30-7 pm)
- February 10 (2:30-7 pm)
*Please note: team/club training costs $29 for two hours. Call to book team track times 519-756-9900.
Track Rules & Direction
- Monday/Wednesday/Friday/Sunday - counter clockwise
- Tuesday/Thursday/Saturday - clockwise
- Inside & Middle lane - walk or light jog
- Outside Lane - medium or fast jog
- Please be considerate to all users and respect staff instructions.
- Use caution when entering and exiting the track. The person in the lane has the right of way.
- All individuals must travel in the same direction, as posted.
- Walk/run no more than two across, side by side.
- Be cautious when passing and only pass on the outside lane.
- Shoes and stroller wheels must be appropriately cleaned for use on the track.
- Do not stop while on the track. If you need a place to rest do so off the track.
- Spectators are strictly forbidden to block track lanes while standing and watching.
- Food and drink are not allowed on the track.
- Teams/clubs must register to train during designated times only. Refer to posted schedule. Teams/clubs must be accompanied by a coach or parent rep at all times.
- No exercise equipment (ie.skipping ropes, medicine balls, floor mats, etc.) are permitted on the track or in the track vicinity.
- No personal/group training is permitted on the track.
- Personal items should be kept in the lockers. Lockers are for daily use only
- The City of Brantford is not responsible for loss, theft, or damage to personal property.
- Children age 15 and under must be accompanied on the track by an adult.
- No pets are permitted (service animals excepted).
- Track may be closed for ticketed events or team training (refer to schedule).
- Consult a physician before using any recreational facilities and before beginning a workout program.
- If you require first aid or to report a problem use the yellow call box located on the wall to speak to a staff member.