Welcome to the Wayne Gretzky Sports Centre! Please find some helpful information below to help ensure everyone who uses the facility enjoys their visit!
- Fitness Pass: includes all fitness classes (except registered programs) including: warm water workout classes; aqua fit; use of the weight room (orientations are included in your pass at no additional costs by appointment); gymnasium; 65m pool and 25m pool (as outlined in the Pool Pass information). Gymnasium Pass: includes use of the gymnasium during open program times.
- Pool Pass: includes use of the pools during any length swim, adult, family or public swim time. *Note: Children must be accompanied by an adult in the water during family swim. For all other swim times, children under the age of 7 and non-swimmers must be accompanied in the pool by a person 15 years of age or older. Pool space may vary depending on other programming.
Facility Use Terms:
- Yearly Pass: valid for a one year term. May be put on hold for medical reasons, with a note from practitioner or for vacation (1 month minimum up to 3 month maximum).
- 3-month Pass: this pass may be extended to a yearly pass by paying the difference in fees PRIOR to the expiry date of the 3-month pass.
- Punch cards are non-refundable and do not expire. They can also be used by another family member.
- Pre-authorized monthly passes are based on a minimum one-year commitment. After one year, passes must be cancelled by the pass-holder in writing (e-mail is an acceptable written method). Please see authorization sheet for more information. PAP cancellation requests must be received prior to the 10th of the month to allow time for processing.
Cancellation Policy: Prorated refunds for a facility pass will only be issued for medical or compassionate reasons. Administration /cancellation fees will apply. The balance of a facility pass can be transferred to another customer in lieu of a refund. No refund will be issued for punch cards, as they do not expire; however they can be transferred to another customer. Refunds will be issued by the original form of payment.
Scanner Information: When you scan your punchcard at the either reception desk, it counts as one visit. When you scan at any of the other scanners (i.e. weight room) it is for access only. Please keep your card with you to allow access at the scanning stations. If your card is lost or stolen, please report it to the front desk. There is a $5.00 charge to replace your card.
Lockers: Coin operated lockers are available in all change rooms, small lockers are $.025 and large lockers are $0.50. The City of Brantford will not be responsible for lost, stolen or damaged property. Please ensure all your belongings are locked up. Change is available from the pool desk staff.
Change rooms: The WGSC has 6 change rooms, 2 female, 2 male, and 2 family/universal change rooms. In each change room there are accessible changing facilities. When bringing children of the opposite sex, you are required to use the family change room. Photography and/or video recording of any kind are strictly prohibited in all change rooms and washrooms at the facility.
By purchasing a WGSC pass, you understand and agree to be bound by all of the following:
- A WGSC facility pass is not transferable and may not be loaned to another individual.
- You must notify the WGSC of any change in your mailing address or other contact information.
- If you cause damage to the facility, equipment, or other assets of the WGSC, you will be held financially responsible for the repair or replacement of such damage. Failure to pay for said damages will result in the termination of your pass until payment is received, among other remedies available to the City.
- The WGSC supports fairness and respect in dealings with all staff and customers. Unacceptable behavior (as defined below) will not be tolerated. A warning will be issued and services may be denied to you if unacceptable behaviour is displayed by you. Unacceptable behaviour may also result in your pass being revoked; access being restricted to all or some services; and/or further action may be taken by the City.
- When using the weight room, appropriate dress and indoor footwear is required. Equipment must be wiped down after use.
- When entering the pool areas, it is your responsibility to shower with soap and water per R.R.O. 1990, Reg. 565: PUBLIC POOLS Health Regulation, before entering the water. Outdoor shoes must be covered with supplied booties before entering the deck area.
- You will at all times be respectful of other patrons when using the facility. For example: share your pool lane; do not sit and rest on the weight equipment; share your fitness class space.
- You will adhere to all rules and regulations of the WGSC as posted on the pool deck and fitness areas, and as may be amended from time to time. Failure to comply with all rules and regulations of the WGSC may result in removal from the premises and/or discontinuation of pass.
For the purposes of these terms and conditions: “unacceptable behaviour” is defined as follows:
- making any kind of communication (whether spoken, written, gestured or otherwise expressed or communicated) to staff or other persons present at the facility, which include the use of profanity, statements contrary to the Human Rights Code (such as racial slurs or sexual harassment), or threats contrary to section 264.1 of the Criminal Code;
- when communicating with staff or other patrons, unnecessarily raising ones voice, shouting, or yelling;
- slamming or throwing objects, whether City property or not, or performing other similar aggressive or threatening actions;
- committing any criminal offence within the facility or on the facility lands, or in respect of any City staff or patron of the facility, contrary to the Criminal Code or the Controlled Drugs and Substances Act.
The Wayne Gretzky Sports Centre Mission statement is “to provide a patron experience second to none through expert and caring staff and the highest quality programs and services”. Our commitment to proper maintenance and upkeep of our buildings and equipment is an important part of ensuring a safe environment for all to enjoy. This may result in temporary interruptions in service or access to specific areas or equipment within the facility Pass holder fees or expiry dates will not be adjusted as a result of maintenance, repair or refurbishment by the Wayne Gretzky Sports Centre.