March Break Swim Lessons
A great way for your child to improve swimming skills and complete or work towards their next swim level. Register online Tuesday, December 12 beginning at 7:30 am. Cost is $59 per child from March 12-16 or $120 per child for private lessons. Learn more about swim lessons available on page 62 of the Winter/Spring Leisure Activities Guide distributed on November 16.
March Break Swims
Additional public swims have been added March 12-16 from 1:30-3:30 pm and Length and Family Swims from 3:30-4:30 pm. Click to view the full recreational swim schedule. Please note the 50m swim on Wednesday, March 15 and Splash & Fun program will not be running over the Break.
March Break Ice Skating
Public Skating ($3/person):
- March 11 & 18 5:30-7:30 pm
- March 10 & 17 from 3:30-5:30 pm
Family Skating ($2/person):
- March 12, 14 & 16 from 1:00-3:00 pm
Stick n' Puck ($2/person) 5 and under:
- March 12 from 10:30-11:30 am
- March 13 from 2:45-3:50 pm
- March 14 from 3:30-4:30 pm
- March 15 from 2:45-3:50 pm
Adult Only ($1/person) 18+:
- March 13 & 15 from 1:00-2:30 pm
Parent & Tot Skating ($1/person) 5 and under:
- March 13 & 15 from 2:45-3:50 pm
Gymnasium drop-in activities
View a list of gymnasium drop-in activities being offered over the Break.
March Break Aquatic Sports Day Camp
Join us for games, swim lesson, recreational swim, skating (helmet mandatory), gymnasium activities, crafts, movies and fun! Register online beginning Thursday, November 16.
- Ages: 7-12 years (Must be turning minimum age during the program.)
- Time: 9:00 am-4:30 pm (free extended care available 8:00-9:00 am & 4:30-5:30 pm)
- Dates: March 12-16
- Barcode: 114268
- Cost: $145/week
Lifesaving Sport Camp
Lifesaving Sport Fundamentals offers participants a recreational introduction to lifesaving sport skills. The program also teaches team building, fair play, ethics in sport and responsibility. Lifesaving sport competition opportunities are available through an end of season TeleGames (scheduled separately), as a fun and friendly way to challenge participants in the sport events that they have learned and practiced throughout the season. Bring your bathing suit, goggles, and bathing cap. (Goggles and bathing cap are sold at the Gretzky Centre for an additional fee if required). Register online beginning Thursday, November 16.
- Ages: 8-14 years
- Date: March 12-16
- Time: 9:00 am-4:30 pm (free extended care available 8:00-9:00 am & 4:00-5:00 pm)
- Cost: $145/person
- Barcode: 114033
National Lifeguard - Pool option
National Lifeguard certification is Canada's professional lifeguard standard. National Lifeguard training emphasizes prevention and effective rescue response in emergencies. Prerequisites include; Minimum 16 years of age and Bronze Cross and Standard First Aid (certified by one of the following four agencies: Lifesaving Society, Canadian Red Cross, St. John Ambulance and Canadian Ski Patrol). 40 hours of instruction. Register online beginning Thursday, November 16.
- Date: March 12-16 (Monday-Friday)
- Time: 8:00 am-6:00 pm daily
- Cost: $225/person
- Required Material(s): Alert: Lifeguarding in Action Manual & CPR Mask Kit
- Barcode: 112804